Saturday, September 7, 2013

Long Overdue



Last week, my brother offered an astute observation: my blog's title and description boarder on disingenuous.  "A Classic Truck's Restoration By A Truly Clueless Man"....really?  Well, the "truly clueless man" part certainly holds true, but there hasn't been too much "restoration work" going on in my shop lately.  After all, I haven't touched Fry-Pan in almost a year.  Life's responsibilities aside, I have been more preoccupied with my mancave project than I have been restoring my truck (probably because this former project taps into my love of architecture).


Le Corbusier or Philip Johnson, take your pick
 
That said, I'm compelled to rationalize my distraction by arguing that there is some degree of method to my madness.  As discussed in prior entries, it doesn't make much sense to proceed on my truck's restoration until I get my shop in order (i.e. tools unpacked, workbenches organized, etc).  However, I can't really get my shop in order until I complete my mancave project as these two spaces are inter-connected (for a refresher, see previously posted conceptual rendering here).  Hence, Fry-Pan will remain untouched awhile longer until I can finish what I have started with this mancave project.

step-by-step...no other way makes sense
So back to my brother's observation....perhaps I should revise my blog's title to more accurately depict the content I am posting?  After all, my brother probably comprises between 50-75% of my total readership!  After a little thought, few title revisions did come to mind:

  • "Fry-Pan Jones:  A Clueless Man's Procrastination of an Automotive Restoration"
  • "Fry-Pan Jones:  The Chronicles of a 30-something year-old Man with A.D.D."
  • "Fry-Pan Jones:  A Blog No One Actually Reads"
In the end, I settled on that which you see above on the page's header.  I plan to leave the title like this until I get back to working on my truck (and at the rate I'm moving, that could be awhile).  Once my restoration efforts resume in earnest, I'll probably create another sub-page and move all my mancave-related links over to it in effort to preserve the integrity and continuity of my restoration chronicles.

So a quick shout out to my brother....thanks for encouraging me to address this glaring oversight.  At least now I can't be accused of false advertising!


1 comment: