Saturday, July 14, 2012

My Angel

 
Okay folks....I think we all need to sing my wife's praises because if it wasn't for her my truck's restoration (and this blog, for that matter) would have come to a screeching halt.  As you know, my restoration plan was seriously de-railed when my landlord refused to rent me the use of his storage shed.  After seeing me mope around the house for 2 consecutive months, my wife finally took pity on me and granted me permission to work on my truck in our home's attached garage.  What is more remarkable is the fact she is willing to park her car in the driveway so I can "take over" the garage and turn it into my workshop.



  
While some may dismiss this as a trivial gesture, it is important to provide some context behind her sacrifice.  My wife and I have lived without a garage for the last 10 years.  When we moved to Twin falls, Idaho, one of the big perks was the prospect of having a garage and being able to park out of the elements.  This was a particularly attractive proposition having recently lived in Chicago for 3 years where we routinely had to dig our cars out of 4 foot high snow drifts and spend exorbitant amounts of time hunting for parking spots on crowded city streets.  We have been renting this home for almost 3 years now and it is safe to say that we have "grown accustomed" to parking inside.  After all, who amongst us doesn't love the luxury of getting into your car in the middle of winter without having to scrape the windshield or trudge through 2 feet of snow?


So needless to say, when my wife offered to forgo this luxury so I could pursue my dream I couldn't help but realize that I was married to the greatest woman in the world.  After all, I know for a fact that my wife wasn't thrilled about the prospect of me getting this truck in the first place...so just getting to buy the truck places her incredibly high on the "greatest-wives-of-all-time" list.  But to then take it a step further and to subject herself to what essentially equates to a daily inconvenience pretty much places her at the top of that list.  Thank you, honey...you're the bomb!  I love you and owe you big time!

My wife and I after getting married at the cook county courthouse (we had a wedding in Mexico, but this was the "real" day)

No comments:

Post a Comment